Covid-19 Announcement

We hope you and your families are staying well and safe. Our offices are open, with our team working remotely. Please call or e-mail the office as usual.

If you are unmarried, but separating from your partner, there may be assets which you or your partner own which will need to be divided between you or transferred from one to the other. If either of you own a property, that asset will need to be considered carefully. In particular, the way in which you hold the property (as joint tenants/tenants-in-common/sole name of one party). The equity held in the property may need to be divided between you.

You may still own joint bank account which will also need to be divided.

If you have children together, you will need to consider their best interests, which will include making arrangements for your ex-partner to see the children and consider their financial needs.

Need to speak to a lawyer? Get in touch!

Contact Us